December 2015 Favourites

2015 has now come to a close! And now I'd like to share with you a few of my favourite products that I have enjoyed throughout the month of December. I will be going through a number of makeup, beauty, bath and other favourites. So feel free to have a little browse through and maybe even try out a few of these products for yourself?

Bath & Skincare


My first favourite that I'd like to share with you is Nature Republic's Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel (left)
This is a Korean skincare brand that I absolutely love. I have tried out a few of their products and have loved everything so far. Their products are also very easy to find online, I tend to purchase mine from eBay for a very decent price. 
I tend to use this gel after shaving when I get out of the shower. It has really helped to prevent razor burn and irritated skin that I normally tend to get, particularly on my legs and underarms. Also, a little goes a long way with this product. I have had the same tub for about 3 months now and I'm still only half way through!
I am absolutely in love with this product and will definitely be buying more once I've run out!

The next two products pictured above are from Lush Cosmetics' christmas collection for this year(one of my all time favourite brands) and they both sort of tie into each other. 
Firstly, the So White Bath Ballistic (right). This has an amazing aromatic crisp apple scent. This one has been part of the christmas range for a few years now but I never bothered to try it. It looked quite plain and I've never been very fussed about apple scents. However, this year I thought I'd give it a try. Oh man it smells amazing!!! I think this is now one of my favourite scents from Lush. It does look very plain but don't underestimate it. It is red on the inside which leaves your bath a pretty pink colour and smells like perfection.
After giving this one a try, I decided to stock up except they were all sold out online. So while I was in Sydney with some friends, I visited two Lush shops to see if I could find some. But both were sold out too... But I was talking to one of the ladies at QVB, I can't remember her name but she was very sweet. She told me that the Santa's Belly Shower Jelly (middle) is the same scent but with added vegan red wine. I'm always a sucker for Lush's shower jellies so I thought I'd try it out, now I wish I had bought more!
This jelly is a dark red colour filled with edible golden stars, I really wouldn't recommend eating them though. Trust me, I tried, they don't taste good... But I just pull a little blob off, put it into my loofa and scrub away! I honestly can't get enough of this scent... If you are able to get a hold of the bath bomb or the shower jelly before they sell out in store, then do it! It's definitely worth a try.  

Makeup

Woo! Now onto makeup! I have made a few amazing product discoveries this month, some of which I bought from recommendations but most I bought on impulse.

Alrighty! To begin with is a lipstick from M.A.C in the shade Mehr (far left). Over the past few months I have really been loving the darker sort of nude colours. I picked this up in store a couple of months ago but I hadn't used it too much until this month. I think this is by far my absolute favourite M.A.C lipstick, I have gotten many compliments on this shade. I have been using it with the M.A.C lipliner in Soar. 
This is just the perfect everyday colour and is very long lasting, as all M.A.C lipsticks are. 
There are pictures and swatches of this lipstick below!

My second makeup favourite for this month is the Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in the shade Coven (left)
I got this in a christmas lipstick set of 7 from Sephora but I can't remember what the name of the set was.. I believe it was around $50 though. This is by far my favourite colour in the set. It is a beautiful lilac colour which tends to be quite hard to pull off. 
I was originally worried that it wouldn't look right with my skin tone or it'd make my teeth look yellow. But nope! It looks beautiful! I have been wearing it on its own without a lipliner and lasts me right through the day with only a few minor touch ups. 
It does tend to be a bit of an extreme colour but paired with a rather monochrome outfit and it really shines. This one is in a mini size so once I have finished it, I will definitely be purchasing a full size! As with the lipstick above, pictures and swatches are below!

This next one isn't exactly makeup... But I wasn't sure which category to put it into. This is the Calvin Klein Reveal Eau De Parfum (Left/Middle - I only just realised that you can sort of see my head in the reflection! Hello there!) 
I originally got a small sample of this perfume in a magazine a few months ago and fell in love with it and decided to purchase a full size (which you can probably see that I've already used quite a bit of). It's a very woody scent that does sort of have a sexy, masculine feel to it. These sorts of scents always seem to catch my attention but this one definitely stands out among the rest. If you do happen to see it in store, do give it a little sniff. 

Next up is the E.L.F Cream Eyeliner in Black (middle)! 
I remember watching a review on this products maybe about 6 months ago, I can't remember who from though. But it is so inexpensive that I couldn't not give it a try! I've spent the past year or two trying all sorts of different liners to try and find one that works for me and I think I've finally found it. 
This cream liner has the smoothest consistency that stays in place once applied. I have been applying this liner with a Zoeva liner brush which has made the process so much easier. When I first purchased this liner, I was quite worried that it would dry out very easily. But it's been a few months now and it's still just a fluid as when I first purchased it.
I've never been the greatest with eyeliner but I think with this cream liner combined with the Zoeva brush, I've finally figured out how to do a perfect cat eye every time! This liner is absolutely amazing value and can easily be ordered off their website or found in many stores. I really can't rave about this more, it is such a good product. 

Lastly in the makeup category is the Benefit Real Cheeky Party Blush Palette (Right - Additional picture below) from this years christmas collection
I had been eyeing a similar one from last years christmas range but it sound out before I was able to buy it. So I refused to let it slip this year! 
This is a collection of Benefit's Dandelion, Rockateur, Sugarbomb and Coralista blushes. Along with their Hoola bronzer, What's Up Highlighter, They're Real Lengthening Mascara and the They're Real Push Up Liner. 
This gift set is amazing value. The blushes and the bronzer individually tend to sell for around US $30 each which is rather expensive. However, the complete set is only US $42! All of these products in the set are very high quality. 
I have been enjoying wearing the Sugar Bomb blush with a little bit of Rockateur over top. The mascara is also one of my favourites at the moment. It is extremely volumising and lengthening, although it can be a bit of a bugger to get off, but worth it. 
I'm not too fussed about the packaging so I may depot the powders into a more travel friendly palette, probably a Z Palette or something if I ever get around to it. 
This gift set is currently on sale for only US $30! So if it does interest you, make sure you snap one up quickly!!
Also... Benefit has axed their international shipping at the end of December... Not happy >.<

Fashion

I don't have too many favourites this month in terms of fashion as I've been spending most of December in either my pajamas or my work uniform. But I did do a little splurging on clothing towards the end of this month, but my orders are only now just beginning to arrive.

Firstly, on the left is a pair of heels from the brand Wildfire. These are the Jezebel Wedge Heels in White. 
I purchased these heels to go match a specific dress but since buying these, I have been incorporating them into many outfits. These heels are also reasonably comfortable and very easy to walk in, but after a few hours they do take their toll, as most heels do. These have a little bit of a 70s feel about them which I'm really loving and I have received many compliments on them.
These are quickly becoming one of my favourite pairs of shoes!

On the right hand side is the stunning Henna Skirt from the brand Restyle. 
I have only recently discovered this brand but I have found many pieces that I am absolutely in love with, this being one of them. When I first laid my eyes on this one, I knew I had to buy it! This skirt only arrived in the post about a week ago but it has already wiggled its way into my heart... This skirt features a beautiful white pattern on the bottom and looks amazing when paired with a crop top, generally a solid coloured one. It has a little bit of a school girl sort of style to it which I do love. There's also quite a bit of elastic on the back which makes it a little bit more forgiving, if you know what I mean. It is also a very comfortable length, when sitting on my waist it falls to about my mid-thigh. It's a little shorter than I had thought it would be but I think I rather that. I bought this piece from the Beserk website, they have been regularly restocking and introducing new pieces from this brand. So if you like this sort of style, give the website a little snoop. 

Extras

I am certainly a lover of herbal tea, particularly green tea. So it's no surprise that this is one of my favourites. This the Sencha Sensation Loose Leaf Green Tea from T2. 
I have never tried anything from this brand but I visited this store in the QVB while I was in Sydney last month and decided to try some of their tea. In hindsight, I should have bought a lot more!
But after trying a few different types and giving all of them a good ol' sniff. I decided to purchase the Sencha Sensation.
This has a very peachy aroma even though it doesn't have any peach in it. According to the T2 website, this blend has sencha green tea, rose petals, sunflower petals and cornflower blossoms. This tea has a very fruity and fresh scent and taste, I would really recommend giving it a try if you happen to find it!


I'm a lover of music, so I don't think I could have a list of favourites without some sort of music. 
This month I have really been loving Melanie Martinez's Crybaby Album (left). 
I decided to purchase the album after listening to Crybaby, Dollhouse, Sippy Cup, Carousel and Pity Party. So I figured that I'd probably end up loving the other songs on the album too, which was right! I keep this CD in the car and tend to blast it to and from the gym. I think my favourite song from this album is probably either Tag, you're it or Pacify Her. 
Melanie is really an amazing artist and I look forward to listening to any of her other music that she releases!

Now for my final favourite of 2015! This is the JBL Flip 3 Speaker in Teal (right). I purchased this on sale only a few days before christmas which meant I had to wait for it on backorder but it was definitely worth it. For its size, the sound quality of this speaker is amazing! It connects to both my iPhone and my Macbook via bluetooth and has a very long lasting battery. This speaker is very small and portable, it is also splash proof so I've been bringing it into the bathroom to play while I shower. 
If you are in the market for a new portable speaker, I would highly recommend this one!

Woohoo! Thank you for making it to the end! I will have all the products listed below and link to where I purchased them if I can find them. Feel free to comment and let me know what some of your favourites are this month. I hope you have a lovely day!
Stay safe and happy! xoxo

Products:

All names listed in colour are links.
  1. Nature Republic - Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel
  2. Lush - So White Bath Ballistic
  3. Lush - Santa's Belly Shower Jelly
  4. M.A.C - Mehr
  5. Kat Von D - Studded Kiss Lipstick in Coven
  6. Calvin Klein - Reveal Perfume
  7. E.L.F - Cream Eyeliner in Black
  8. Benefit - Real Cheeky Party Blush Palette
  9. Wildfire - Jezebel Wedge Heels in White
  10. Restyle - Henna Skirt
  11. T2 - Sencha Sensation
  12. Melanie Martinez - Crybaby Album
  13. JBL - Flip 3 Speaker


No comments