January 2016 Favourites

Wuah! It's that time of the month again! Well a couple of days late, but still! 
It's time once again to go through a few of my favourite products for this month. Some of these are new products that I've tried out this month and others are old faves. So why not talk through them today!
I have fewer favourites this month compared to last month. But let's jump right into it, shall we?
All available links for where I purchased each of these products are listed at the end.

First favourite of this month is the Bath & Body Works Winter Candy Apple Hand Sanitiser (far left). 
Bath & Body Works products aren't sold in Australia. However, I found a seller on eBay who sells a large quantity of their products at a pretty reasonable price (link here!). 
So I stocked up a few weeks ago and out of everything I bought, this was my favourite by far. Although I'm generally a sucker for hand sanitisers anyway. 
As far as I know, this is a reoccurring scent in their Christmas range. This has such a fresh and sweet, candy-like scent. I'm not quite sure if it smells like apples, but it smells amazing either way. 
I think in the future I'll be buying a body mist in this same scent, if I can find it. 

Next up is the Bite Beauty Double Ended Lipstick in Date & Fig (left).
I purchased this lipstick a few months ago at Sephora in Sydney. I didn't get much use out of it for the first little while but recently I've been working it into a lot of my everyday looks. 
They're both such beautiful colours and the formula is very smooth whilst allowing my lips to feel moisturised all day long. 
I generally tend to exclusively wear matte lipsticks but this is definitely a worthy exception! As you may be able to tell in the photo, I've been wearing Date more often. I love this shade as a go to for an everyday, natural makeup look.
I will point out though; my swatches for these shades appear to be quite a bit darker than any other swatches I've seen online. I'm not quite sure why that is...

Now on to the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette (left-middle). 
This was a little bit of a splurge this month but I'm very glad I bought it! I've been keeping an eye out recently for a palette that would be good to travel with. Most of my other palettes don't quite have the range of colours I need and I don't want to have to lug around a whole lot of palettes just to have enough colours. This is definitely a perfect compromise! 
This palette has a range of beautiful nude colours in matte finish to a gentle shimmer with Urban Decay's extremely pigmented formula. It also includes a few shades for the perfect pop of colour in a bolder eye look. This has been my go to eyeshadow palette all month and I will definitely be bringing this one overseas this year. 

My next favourite for this month is the Nature Republic Aloe Vera Cleansing Gel Foam (right-middle). 
I did mention another product from Nature Republic's Aloe Vera range in my favourites last month (link here!). That just goes to show how much I love them! 
I have quite sensitive skin on my face but facial cleansers are usually what my skins reacts to most. I've had to throw many cleansers in the past because they've caused a painful reaction on my skin, particularly my cheeks, which feels like they're burning and results in a lot of redness. 
I received this cleanser as a gift from a close friend who is very knowledgable on skincare, particularly Korean brands. I honestly think this is one of the most gentle cleansers I've used. 
It comes out as a thick gel consistency but foams up once rubbed into the skin and washes away all of the remaining makeup and grime on my face after a long day. It leaves my skin feeling clean, refreshed and very supple. It also has a very soft aloe and cucumber scent.

Next is the Tocca Roller Ball Perfume in Cleopatra (right). 
I purchased this perfume in the Tocca Naughty List. This is a set of 3 roller perfume that were available around Christmas time last year. The scents included in the set are Cleopatra, Brigitte and Colette. However, Cleopatra is by far my favourite. 
This perfume has notes of grapefruit and cucumber with a base of vanilla musk, according to the Mecca website. 
This has been my day to day perfume for the past month or so and I have received numerous compliments on the scent. I have no idea if this perfume is sold in a full size or if was a set exclusive. But if I can find it again, I will definitely purchase it!

Last but certainly by no means least is The Body Shop's Satsuma Body Sorbet (far right). 
Firstly, the satsuma range is my all time favourite from The Body Shop. I could spend hours upon hours sniffing these products. It has a soft, fresh citrus scent but it's unlike any other citrus scents. 
I have been really enjoying this body sorbet throughout the summer time. It's lovely and refreshing to put on after getting out of the shower on a hot day. It has a very cooling and lightweight formula that doesn't leave you feeling sticky or weighed down. The formula soaks in within about a minute and the scent lingers for most of the day. 
These body sorbets are your perfect summer companion!

Thank you all very much for tuning in! I hope you have enjoyed reading and I will see you in another post in the next few days or so. Take care lovelies! xx


Products:

I was unable to find a few of these products as they are either unavailable online or have been discontinued.
All names listed in colour are links.
2. Bite Beauty - Double Ended Lipstick in Fig & Date
4. Nature Republic - Aloe Vera Cleansing Gel Foam
5. Tocca - Cleopatra Roll on Perfume

No comments