M.A.C Viva Glam Ariana Grande Collection

The new M.A.C Viva Glam Ariana Grande collection has finally been released in Australia!
Every cent of the selling price for both the lipglass and the lipstick are donated to the M.A.C aids fund, which supports those who are living with HIV/Aids.
Read below for first impressions, photos and swatches!
This collection was released in Australia on February 11th and has a very good girl, bad girl vibe. The lipstick is a large statement whilst the lipglass is very versatile and can be worn with any look. The lipstick retails at AUD $36 and the lipglass $35. These can be purchased from the official M.A.C Cosmetics website or in store.



Viva Glam Ariana Grande - Lipstick

The lipstick is a very dark berry colour with a vampy feel, which really creates a bold look. Despite having a matte finish, this lipstick applies smoothly and leaves the lips feeling a little more moisturised compared to some of M.A.C's other matte lipsticks (particularly the retro matte range). However, as it is a darker colour is has more of a tendency to bleed outside of the lip line. So, finding a matching lipliner is very important! As like most M.A.C lipsticks, this has a very reasonable weartime and only needs be touched up a couple of times throughout the day. I've found that this lipstick makes my lips appear to be a little smaller than they really are, so maybe overdrawing the lip liner a little may be more practical. However it's always a little more risky with such a dark shade. I still need to experiment with this colour a little and figure out the best way to wear it.
But overall, I'm very glad I purchased this lipstick and it's a great addition to my collection. It's a very unique colour and my money is going towards a good cause, so I don't think I could possibly feel bad about buying this product.

Viva Glam Ariana Grande - Lipglass

As for the lipglass, this is surprisingly my favourite part of the collection. Originally I had only bought it only for this review and had assumed that I would get very little use out of it. I'm generally someone who can't stand the stickiness of a lipgloss and I generally gravitate towards matte finishes when it comes to lipsticks. M.A.C's lipglosses also tend to be quite a bit stickier than most.
This lipglass has little, to no colour when applied to the lips. But it leaves a really beautiful shimmer which I feel is best when layered over a lipstick or a lipliner. Also, the lipglass worn on its own is far too sticky for me to be able to wear comfortably. But with a lipstick or lipliner worn underneath, the lipglass has a much smoother texture. Additionally, on the contrary to the lipstick, I find that this lipglass gives my lips a much fuller appearance.
This has very quickly become one of my favourite M.A.C products that I own and was featured in my February Favourites. I feel that this product, or at least one similar is a necessity in anyone's makeup collection and is wearable from day to night or for any occasion.

As these products share a collection, it's important to know whether they work together well or not. Honestly, I don't think they do. The lipstick is very much a statement on its own, that a shimmer overlay is a little over the top. Both the lipstick and the lipglass look so amazing on their own, that I feel it doesn't do them justice when paired together.



Thank you very much for tuning in today! I hope you have enjoyed this review and I will be back with another post on Friday. Remember to follow this blog to be notified whenever a new post is uploaded. Have an amazing day!




No comments